- Noun. A group of people sharing aspects of language, culture and/or ethnicity.
- Noun. A historically constituted, stable community of people, formed on the basis of a common language, territory, economic life, and psychological make-up manifested in a common culture.
- Noun. (legal) (''international law'') A sovereign state.
- Noun. (context, chiefly) an association of students based on their birthplace or ethnicity (jump, an association of students) .
- Noun. Damnation.
- Adverb. (chiefly, dialect) Extremely; very.