- Noun. The arts, customs, and habits that characterize a particular society or nation.
- Noun. The beliefs, values, behaviour and material objects that constitute a people's way of life.
- Noun. (microbiology) The process of growing a bacterial or other biological entity in an artificial medium.
- Noun. (anthropology) Any knowledge passed from one generation to the next, not necessarily with respect to human beings.
- Noun. The collective noun for a group of bacteria.
- Noun. (botany) cultivation.
- Noun. (computing) The language and peculiarities of a geographical location.
- Verb. (transitive) To maintain in an environment suitable for growth (''especially of bacteria'').
- Verb. (transitive) To increase the artistic or scientific interest (''in something'').