- Noun. (countable) A form of communication using words either spoken or gestured with the hands and structured with grammar, often with a writing system.
- Noun. (uncountable) The ability to communicate using words.
- Noun. (context, countable) Nonverbal communication.
- Noun. (context, computing) A computer language.
- Noun. (uncountable) The vocabulary and usage used in a particular specialist field.
- Noun. (uncountable) The particular words used in speech or a passage of text.
- Noun. (uncountable) Profanity.
- Noun. Words, written or spoken, in a specific sequence that a person uses to describe, to a another person, the type of thoughts in their mind.