- Noun. A vertex or zenith.
- Noun. A vertical geometrical figure; a perpendicular.
- Noun. An individual slat in a set of vertical blinds.
- Noun. A vertical component of a structure.
- Adjective. along the direction of a plumbline or along a straight line that includes the center of the Earth.
- Adjective. In a two dimensional Cartesian co-ordinate system, describing the axis oriented normal (perpendicular, at right angles) to the horizontal axis.
- Adjective. (marketing) Of or pertaining to vertical markets.