- Noun. A period of ten years.
- Noun. ''(when referring to a named or numbered decade)'' Specifically, a period of ten years, beginning on January 1 of a year ending with a zero when written, and ending at midnight on December 31 of the year nine years later.
- Noun. Any series or group of ten items.
- Noun. A series of ten Hail Marys in the rosary. .
- Noun. (rare) The interval between any two quantities having the ratio 10 to 1.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.