- Noun. The time it takes the Earth to complete one revolution of the Sun (between 365.24 and 365.26 days depending on the point of reference).
- Noun. (context, by extension) The time it takes for any planetary body to make one revolution around another body.
- Noun. A period between set dates that mark a year, from January 1 to December 31 by the Gregorian calendar.
- Noun. A scheduled part of a calendar year spent in a specific activity.
- Noun. (sciences) A Julian year, exactly 365.25 days, represented by "a".
- Noun. A level or grade in school or college.