- Noun. An appendage; something attached to something else in a subordinate capacity.
- Noun. A person associated with another in a subordinate position.
- Noun. (grammar) A dispensable phrase in a clause or sentence that amplifies its meaning, such as "for a while" in "I typed for a while".
- Noun. (rhetoric) Symploce.
- Adjective. Connected in a subordinate function.
- Adjective. Added to a faculty or staff in a secondary position.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.