- (acronym) . (databases) atomicity, consistency, isolation, and durability: a set of properties that guarantee database transactions are processed reliably.
- Adjective. Sour, sharp, or biting to the taste; tart; having the taste of vinegar.
- Adjective. (figuratively) Sour-tempered.
- Adjective. Of or pertaining to an acid; acidic.
- Adjective. (music) Denoting a musical genre that is a distortion (as if hallucinogenic) of an existing genre, as in acid house, acid jazz, acid rock.
- Noun. A sour substance.
- Noun. (chemistry) Any of several classes of compound having the following properties:-.
- Noun. (slang) lysergic acid diethylamide.