- Noun. The act of wandering; deviation, especially from truth or moral rectitude, from the natural state, or from a type.
- Noun. A partial alienation of reason.
- Noun. (astronomy) A small periodical change of position in the stars and other heavenly bodies, due to the combined effect of the motion of light and the motion of the observer.
- Noun. (context, optics) The convergence to different foci, by a lens or mirror, of rays of light emanating from one and the same point, or the deviation of such rays from a single focus.
- Noun. (physiology) A deviation of an organism from the state which is regarded as normal.
- Noun. A mental disorder, especially one of a minor or temporary character.
- Noun. (legal) The producing of an unintended effect by the glancing of an instrument, as when a shot intended for A glances and strikes B.
- Noun. (context, zoology) atypical development or structure.