- Noun. The act of deviating; a wandering from the way; variation from the common way, from an established rule, etc.; departure, as from the right course or the path of duty.
- Noun. The state or result of having deviated; a transgression; an act of sin; an error; an offense.
- Noun. (context, contract law) The voluntary and unnecessary departure of a ship from, or delay in, the regular and usual course of the specific voyage insured, thus releasing the underwriters from their responsibility.
- Noun. (context, Absolute Deviation) The shortest distance between the center of the target and the point where a projectile hits or bursts.
- Noun. (statistics) For interval variables and ratio variables, a measure of difference between the observed value and the mean.