- Proper noun. A Native American people who inhabit the Carolinas.
- Proper noun. (uncountable) The language of this people.
- Proper noun. A river in the Carolinas which rises in the Blue Ridge Mountains and flows approximately 220 miles (350 km) before joining the Wateree River and ultimately flowing into the Atlantic. Image:Santeerivermap.png|thumb|The path of the Catawba river..
- Noun. (countable) A member of this people.
- Noun. A reddish American dessert grape.
- Noun. Common name for the catawba grape, a cultivar of North American ''vitus labrusca''.
- Noun. Original and alternate common name for the various species of catalpa trees.
- Noun. The Catawba rhododendron (''Rhododendron catawbiense''). .