- Noun. (astrology) The belt-like region of the celestial sphere approximately eight degrees north and south of the ecliptic, which thousands of years ago included the apparent path of the sun, moon, and planets.
- Noun. (astrology) The twelve equal divisions of the astrological zodiacal region into signs, or houses, of the zodiac, each sign named after a constellation in this region.
- Noun. (astronomy) The belt-like region of the celestial sphere corresponding to the apparent path of the sun over the course of a year, the ecliptic.
- Noun. (countable) A circle decorated with the signs of the zodiac.
- Noun. Any of various astrological systems considered similar to the above.