- Adjective. In effect or essence, if not in fact or reality; imitated, simulated.
- Adjective. Nearly, almost. (''A relatively recent corruption of meaning, attributed to misuse in advertising and media.'').
- Adjective. Of something that is simulated in a computer or on-line.
- Adjective. (computing) In object-oriented programming, capable of being overridden with a different implementation in a subclass.
- Adjective. Related to technology.
- Noun. (computing) In C++, a virtual member function of a class.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.