- Noun. (archaic) Personal grooming; washing, dressing etc. (defdate, from 17th c.) .
- Noun. (context, now) One's style of dressing; dress, outfit. (defdate, from 18th c.) .
- Noun. (archaic) A dressing room. (defdate, from 19th c.) .
- Noun. Now specifically, a room or enclosed cubicle containing a lavatory, e.g., a bathroom or water closet (w.c.).
- Noun. A lavatory or device for depositing human waste and then flushing it away with water. (defdate, from 20th c.) .
- Noun. Other similar devices, such as squat toilets, as in Japan or the Middle East.
- Noun. (figuratively) A shabby or dirty place, especially a lounge/bar/pub/tavern. (defdate, from 20th c.) .
- Verb. (dated) To dress and groom oneself.
- Verb. To use the toilet, or assist (a child etc) in using the toilet.