- Noun. A prefix or suffix added to a person's name to signify either veneration, official position or a professional or academic qualification. See also :Category:Titles.
- Noun. (legal) Legal right to ownership of a property; a deed or other certificate proving this.
- Noun. The name of a book, film, musical piece, painting, or other work of art.
- Noun. A publication.
- Noun. A written title, credit, or caption shown with a film, video, or performance (usually ''titles'' pl).
- Noun. The subject of a writing; a short phrase that summarizes the entire topic.
- Noun. A division of an act of Congress or Parliament.
- Verb. (transitive) To assign a title to; to entitle.