- Noun. (obsolete) The state or condition of being tempered or moderated.
- Noun. (context, now) The balance of humours in the body, or one's character or outlook as considered determined from this; temperament.
- Noun. A measure of cold or heat, often measurable with a thermometer.
- Noun. An elevated body temperature, as present in fever and many illnesses.
- Noun. (italbrac, when not used in relation with something) The temperature(1) of the immediate environment.
- Noun. (context, thermodynamics) A property of macroscopic amounts of matter that serves to gauge the average intensity of the random ''actual'' motions of the individually mobile particulate constituents. [http://arxiv.org/pdf/physics/0004055].