- Noun. A general type.
- Noun. (dated) group, company.
- Noun. (informal) A person..
- Noun. An act of sorting.
- Noun. (computing) An algorithm for sorting a list of items into a particular order.
- Noun. (typography) A piece of metal type used to print one letter, character, or symbol in a particular size and style.
- Verb. (transitive) To separate according to certain criteria.
- Verb. (transitive) To arrange into some order, especially numerically, alphabetically or chronologically.
- Verb. (British) To fix a problem, to handle a task; to sort out.