- Noun. (uncountable) The state of reduced consciousness during which a human or animal rests in a daily rhythm.
- Noun. (countable, informal) An act or instance of sleeping.
- Noun. (uncountable) Rheum found in the corner of the eyes after waking, whether real or a figurative objectification of sleep (in the sense of ''reduced consciousness'').
- Verb. (intransitive) To rest in a state of reduced consciousness.
- Verb. (intransitive) (Of a spinning top) to spin on its axis with no other perceptible motion.
- Verb. (transitive) To accommodate in beds.