- Noun. (context, now) An attendant on an important person; a member of someone's retinue, often in a somewhat derogatory sense; a henchman. (defdate, from 16th c.) .
- Noun. A moon or other smaller body orbiting a larger one. (defdate, from 17th c.) .
- Noun. A country, state, office, building etc. which is under the jurisdiction, influence, or domination of another body. (defdate, from 19th c.) .
- Noun. A man-made apparatus designed to be placed in orbit around a celestial body, generally to relay information, data etc. to Earth. (defdate, from 20th c.) .
- Noun. (colloquial, uncountable) Satellite TV; reception of television broadcasts via services that utilize man-made satellite technology. (defdate, from 20th c.) .