- Noun. A regulation, law, guideline.
- Noun. A ruler; device for measuring, a straightedge, a measure.
- Noun. (rfc-sense) Something to keep order.
- Noun. A straight line (gloss, continuous mark, as made by a pen or the like) , especially one lying across a paper as a guide for writing.
- Noun. A regulating principle.
- Noun. A normal condition or state of affairs.
- Verb. (transitive) To regulate, be in charge of, make decisions for, reign over.
- Verb. (slang, intransitive) To excel.
- Verb. (transitive) To mark (paper or the like) with rules (gloss, lines) .