- Adjective. Answerable for an act performed or for its consequences; accountable; amenable, especially legally or politically.
- Adjective. Capable of responding to any reasonable claim; able to answer reasonably for one's conduct and obligations; capable of rational conduct.
- Adjective. Involving responsibility; involving a degree of personal accountability on the part of the person concerned.
- Adjective. Being a primary cause or agent of some event or action; capable of being credited for something, or of being held liable for something.
- Adjective. Able to be trusted; reliable; trustworthy.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.