- Noun. A fundamental, generic term used when referring to the measurement (count, amount) of a scalar, vector, number of items or to some other way of denominating the value of a collection or group of items.
- Noun. An indefinite amount of something.
- Noun. A specific measured amount.
- Noun. A considerable measure or amount.
- Noun. (metrology) Property of a phenomenon, body, or substance, where the property has a magnitude that can be expressed as number and a reference.
- Noun. (mathematics) Indicates that the entire preceding expression is henceforth considered a single object.