- Noun. (economics) An individual or organization that creates goods and services.
- Noun. One who produces an artistic production like a CD, a theater production, a film, a TV program and so on.
- Noun. (context, biology) An organism that produces complex organic compounds from simple molecules and an external source of energy.
- Noun. (UK, slang) An arrest for speeding after which the driver is allowed seven days in which to produce his/her driving licence and related documents at a police station.
- Noun. (archaic) A furnace for producing combustible gas for fuel.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.