- Noun. The act of providing approval and support; backing; championship.
- Noun. Customers collectively; clientele; business.
- Noun. A communication that indicates lack of respect by patronizing the recipient; condescension; disdain.
- Noun. (politics) Granting favours or giving contracts or making appointments to office in return for political support.
- Noun. The people who ride a form of transportation. i.e. The customers or clientele of that form of transportation. Synonym of ridership.
- Verb. (transitive) To support by being a patron of.
- Verb. (transitive) To be a regular customer or client of; to patronize; to patronise; to support; to keep going.