- Noun. A favorable opportunity; a convenient or timely chance. (defdate, from 14th c.) .
- Noun. An occurrence or state of affairs which causes some event or reaction; a motive or reason. (defdate, from 14th c.) .
- Noun. Something which causes something else; a cause. (defdate, from 14th c.) .
- Noun. (obsolete) An occurrence or incident. (defdate, 14th-18th c.) .
- Noun. A particular happening; an instance or time when something occurred. (defdate, from 15th c.) .
- Noun. Need; requirement, necessity. (defdate, from 16th c.) .
- Noun. A special event or function. (defdate, from 19th c.) .
- Verb. (transitive) To give occasion to; to cause; to produce; to induce; as, to occasion anxiety.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.