- Noun. A thing that has physical existence.
- Noun. The goal, end or purpose of something.
- Noun. (grammar) The noun phrase which is an internal complement of a verb phrase or a prepositional phrase. In a verb phrase with a transitive action verb, it is typically the receiver of the action.
- Noun. A person or thing toward which an emotion is directed.
- Noun. (computing) In object-oriented programming, an instantiation of a class or structure.
- Verb. (intransitive) To disagree with something or someone; especially in a Court of Law, to raise an objection.