- Noun. An article of jewelry/jewellery that is worn around the neck, most often made of a string of precious metal, pearls, gems, beads or shells, and sometimes having a pendant attached.
- Noun. (figuratively) Anything resembling a necklace in shape.
- Noun. (South African) A method of informal execution in which a rubber tyre is filled with petrol, placed around the victim's neck, and set on fire.
- Verb. (South African) To informally execute by setting on fire a petrol-filled rubber tyre which has been put around the bound victim's neck.
- Adjective. (South African) Describing a method of murder.