- Proper noun. The sum of natural forces reified and considered as a sentient being, will, or principle.
- Noun. (uncountable) The natural world; consisting of all things unaffected by or predating human technology, production and design. e.g. the natural environment, virgin ground, unmodified species, laws of nature.
- Noun. The innate characteristics of a thing. What something will tend by its own constitution, to be or do. Distinct from what might be expected or intended.
- Noun. The summary of everything that has to do with biological, chemical and physical states and events in the physical universe.
- Verb. (obsolete) To endow with natural qualities.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.