- Noun. A unit of time equal to sixty seconds (one-sixtieth of an hour).
- Noun. A short but unspecified time period.
- Noun. A unit of angle equal to one-sixtieth of a degree.
- Noun. (''in plural'' '''minutes''') A (usually formal) written record of a meeting.
- Noun. A minute of use of a telephone or other network, especially a cell phone network.
- Verb. (transitive) Of an event, to write in a memo or the minutes of a meeting.
- Adjective. Very small.
- Adjective. very careful and exact, giving small details.