- (acronym) . (astronomy) Lincoln Near-Earth Asteroid Research program.
- Proper noun. (astronomy) A comet, cataloged as “C/1999 S4”, discovered on September 27, 1999, by the Lincoln Near-Earth Asteroid Research program in New Mexico. (See [http://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/comets/linear.html]) Sometimes spelled ''LINEAR''.
- Adjective. Having the form of a line; straight.
- Adjective. Of or relating to lines.
- Adjective. Made in a step-by-step, logical manner.
- Adjective. (botany, of leaves) Long and narrow, with nearly parallel sides.
- Adjective. (mathematics) Of or relating to a class of polynomial of the form .
- Adjective. (physics) A type of length measurement involving only one spatial dimension (italbrac, as opposed to area or volume) .