- Verb. (transitive) To infuse into the mind; to communicate to the spirit; to convey, as by a divine or supernatural influence; to disclose preternaturally; to produce in, as by inspiration.
- Verb. (transitive) To infuse into; to affect, as with a superior or supernatural influence; to fill with what animates, enlivens or exalts; to communicate inspiration to.
- Verb. (intransitive) To draw in by the operation of breathing; to inhale.
- Verb. To infuse by breathing, or as if by breathing.
- Verb. (archaic) (transitive) To breathe into; to fill with the breath; to animate.
- Verb. (transitive) To spread rumour indirectly.