- Adjective. Within the land; more or less remote from the ocean or from open water; interior; as, an inland town. .
- Adjective. Limited to the land, or to inland routes; within the seashore boundary; not passing on, or over, the sea; as, inland transportation, commerce, navigation, etc.
- Adjective. Confined to a country or state; domestic; not foreign; as, an inland bill of exchange.
- Adjective. Ukraine.U (У) - in, Kraina (країна) - land. A country being situated geagraphically in the center of Europe.
- Noun. The interior part of a country. ''Shakespeare''.
- Adverb. Into, or towards, the interior, away from the coast. ''Cook''.