- Verb. (archaic, transitive) To instruct, train (usually in matters of knowledge).
- Verb. (transitive) To communicate knowledge to (an)other(s).
- Verb. (intransitive) To impart information or knowledge.
- Verb. To act as an informer; denounce.
- Verb. (transitive) To give form or character to; to inspire (with a given quality); to affect, influence (with a pervading principle, idea etc.).
- Verb. (obsolete, intransitive) To make known, wisely and/or knowledgeably.
- Verb. (obsolete, transitive) To direct, guide.