1. Noun.  (grammar) a change in the form of a word that reflects a change in grammatical function.
  2. Noun.  a change in pitch or tone of voice.
  3. Noun.  (context, mathematics) a change in curvature from concave to convex or from convex to concave.
  4. Noun.  a turning away from a straight course.

This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.

This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.