- Noun. An act, instance of, or state of expansion or increase in size, especially by injection of a gas.
- Noun. (economics) An increase in the general level of prices or in the cost of living.
- Noun. (economics) A decline in the value of money.
- Noun. (economics) An increase in the quantity of money, leading to a devaluation of existing money.
- Noun. Undue expansion or increase, as of academic grades.
- Noun. (context, cosmology) An extremely rapid expansion of the universe, theorised to have occurred very shortly after the big bang.