- Verb. To set on fire; to kindle; to cause to burn, flame, or glow.
- Verb. (figuratively) To kindle or intensify, as passion or appetite; to excite to an excessive or unnatural action or heat; as, to inflame desire.
- Verb. To provoke to anger or rage; to exasperate; to irritate; to incense; to enrage.
- Verb. To put in a state of inflammation; to produce morbid heat, congestion, or swelling, of; as, to inflame the eyes by overwork.
- Verb. To exaggerate; to enlarge upon.
- Verb. To grow morbidly hot, congested, or painful; to become angry or incensed.