- Verb. (transitive) To reckon as pertaining or attributable; to charge; to ascribe; to attribute; to set to the account of; to charge to one as the author, responsible originator, or possessor; -- generally in a bad sense.
- Verb. (transitive, theology) To ascribe (sin or righteousness) (term, to) someone by substitution.
- Verb. (transitive) To take account of; to consider; to regard.
- Verb. (transitive) To attribute or credit to.
- Verb. (transitive) To attribute (responsibility or fault) to a cause or source.