- Noun. The act of imposing, laying on, affixing, enjoining, inflicting, obtruding, and the like.
- Noun. That which is imposed, levied, or enjoined.
- Noun. An excessive, arbitrary, or unlawful exaction; hence, a trick or deception put or laid on others.
- Noun. (printing) Arrangement of a printed product’s pages on the printer's sheet so as to have the pages in proper order in the final product.
- Noun. (religion) A practice of laying hands on a person in a religious ceremony; used e.g. in confirmation and ordination.
- Noun. (UK) A task imposed on a student as punishment.