- Noun. (context, now) A manner of speaking, a way of expressing oneself.
- Noun. A language or dialect.
- Noun. Specifically, a particular variety of language; a restricted dialect used in a given historical period, context etc.
- Noun. An artistic style (for example, in art, architecture, or music); an instance of such a style.
- Noun. An expression peculiar to or characteristic of a particular language, especially when the meaning is illogical or separate from the meanings of its component words.
- Noun. (programming) A programming construct or phraseology generally held to be the most efficient, elegant or effective means to achieve a particular result or behavior.