- Verb. (transitive) To establish the identity of someone or something.
- Verb. (transitive) (biology) To establish the taxonomic classification of an organism.
- Verb. (transitive) To equate two or more things.
- Verb. (reflexive) To have a strong affinity (term, with) ; to feel oneself to be modelled on or connected to.
- Verb. (intransitive) To associate oneself with some group.
- Verb. (intransitive) To claim an identity; to describe oneself as a member of a group; to assert the use of a particular term to describe oneself.
- Verb. (transitive) (topology) To map a number of points to one.