- Noun. An image, symbol, picture, or other representation usually as an object of religious devotion.
- Noun. A religious painting, often done on wooden panels.
- Noun. A person or thing that is the best example of a certain profession or some doing.
- Noun. A small picture which represents something (such as an icon on a computer screen which when clicked performs some function.).
- Noun. (linguistics) : A type of noun whereby the form reflects and is determined by the referent; onomatopoeic words are necessarily all icons. See also symbol and index.
- Noun. Pictual representations of files, programs and folders on a computer.