- Noun. (anatomy) A muscular organ that pumps blood through the body, traditionally thought to be the seat of emotion.
- Noun. (uncountable) Emotions, kindness, moral effort, or spirit in general.
- Noun. A conventional shape or symbol used to represent the heart, love, or emotion: ♥ or sometimes <3.
- Noun. A playing card of the suit hearts featuring one or more heart-shaped symbols.
- Noun. The centre, essence, or core.
- Verb. (transitive, poetic) To be fond of. Often bracketed or abbreviated with a heart symbol.
- Verb. (transitive, obsolete) To encourage.
- Verb. (transitive, masonry) To fill an interior with rubble, as a wall or a breakwater.
- Verb. (intransitive, agriculture) To form a dense cluster of leaves, a heart, especially of lettuce or cabbage.