- Noun. (botany) The seed-bearing part of a plant, often edible, colourful/colorful and fragrant, produced from a floral ovary after fertilization.
- Noun. Any sweet, edible part of a plant that resembles seed-bearing fruit, even if it does not develop from a floral ovary; also used in a technically imprecise sense for some sweet or sweetish vegetables, such as rhubarb, that resemble a true fruit or are used in cookery as if they were a fruit.
- Noun. A positive end result or reward of labour or effort.
- Noun. Offspring from a sexual union.
- Noun. (colloquial, derogatory) A homosexual or effeminate man.
- Verb. To produce fruit.