- Noun. (uncountable) A strong, uncontrollable, unpleasant emotion caused by actual or perceived danger or threat.
- Noun. (countable) A phobia, a sense of fear induced by something or someone..
- Noun. (uncountable) Extreme veneration or awe, as toward a supreme being or deity.
- Verb. (obsolete, transitive) To cause fear to; to frighten.
- Verb. (transitive) To feel fear about (something).
- Verb. (transitive) To venerate; to feel awe towards.
- Verb. (transitive) Regret.
- Adjective. (dialectal) Able; capable; stout; strong; sound.