- Noun. The result or outcome of a cause. ''See usage notes below.''.
- Noun. (filmology) An illusion produced by technical means (as in "special effect").
- Noun. (sound engineering) An alteration in sound after it has been produced by an instrument.
- Noun. (sound engineering) A device for producing an alteration in sound produced by an instrument.
- Noun. The state of being binding and enforceable, as in a rule, policy, or law.
- Noun. (physics, lang hy) A scientific phenomenon, usually named after its discoverer.
- Noun. (context, usually plural) Belongings, usually as personal effects.
- Verb. To make or bring about; to implement.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.