- Noun. A single aspect of a given thing.
- Noun. A measure of spatial extent in a particular direction, such as height, width or breadth, or depth.
- Noun. A construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished.
- Noun. (geometry) The number of independent coordinates needed to specify uniquely the location of a point in a space; also, any of such independent coordinates.
- Noun. (linear algebra) The number of elements of any basis of a vector space.
- Noun. (physics) One of the physical property regarded as a fundamental measure of a physical quantity, such as mass, length and time.
- Noun. (computing) Any of the independent ranges of indices in a multidimensional array.
- Noun. (science fiction, fantasy) An alternative universe or plane of existence.
- Verb. (transitive) To mark, cut or shape something to specified dimensions.