- Noun. An area of land; a district, region. (defdate, from 13th c.) .
- Noun. A set region of land having particular human occupation or agreed limits, especially inhabited by members of the same race, language speakers etc., or associated with a given person, occupation, species etc. (defdate, from 13th c.) .
- Noun. The territory of a nation, especially an independent nation state or formerly independent nation; a political entity asserting ultimate authority over a geographical area. (defdate, from 14th c.) .
- Noun. (context, usually preceded by “the”) A rural area, as opposed to a town or city; the countryside. (defdate, from 16th c.) .
- Noun. Country music. (defdate, from 20th c.) .
- Adjective. From the countryside or connected with it.
- Adjective. Of or connected to country music.