- Noun. An agreement or contract.
- Adjective. Closely packed, i.e. packing much in a small space.
- Adjective. Having all necessary features fitting neatly into a small space.
- Adjective. (mathematics) ''(of a set in an Euclidean space)'' Closed and bounded.
- Adjective. (topology) Such that every exhaustion of it by (overlapping) open balls has the property that some finitely many of those balls will also cover it.
- Adjective. (topology) (''of a set'') Such that every open cover of the given set has a finite subcover.
- Noun. A small, slim folding case, often featuring a mirror, powder and a powderpuff; that fits into a woman's purse or handbag, or that slips into ones pocket.
- Noun. A broadsheet newspaper published in the size of a tabloid but keeping its non-sensational style.
- Verb. (transitive) To make more dense; to compress.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.