- Noun. The woody part of a tree arising from the trunk and usually dividing.
- Noun. Something that divides like the branch of a tree.
- Noun. A location of an organization with several locations.
- Noun. (context, Mormonism) A local congregation of the LDS Church that is not large enough to form a ward; see Wikipedia article on ward in LDS church.
- Noun. An area in business or of knowledge, research.
- Noun. (nautical) A certificate given by Trinity House to a pilot qualified to take navigational control of a ship in British waters.
- Verb. (intransitive) To arise from the trunk or a larger branch of a tree.
- Verb. (intransitive) To produce branches.
- Verb. (intransitive, computing) To jump to a different location in a program, especially as the result of a conditional statement.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.