- Noun. The control center of the central nervous system of an animal located in the skull which is responsible for perception, cognition, attention, memory, emotion, and action.
- Noun. An intelligent person.
- Noun. (context, English pluralia tantum) A person who provides the intelligence required for something.
- Noun. (in the plural) Intellect.
- Noun. By analogy with a human brain, the part of a machine or computer that performs calculations.
- Verb. (slang, transitive) To strike (someone) on the head.
- Verb. (transitive) To kill (a person) by smashing that person's skull.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.